Thursday, February 4, 2010

Names have been changed to protect The Dreamer, Hollywood, The Obnoxious, and The Closet Ghetto.

First let me start by introducing my circle of friends.

Celeste
I am a 30 year Punky Brewster and when asked "So at what age should we stop shopping in the junior section?"  My response is, "I do not know, you are asking someone who is wearing turquoise and black striped tights and a home-made maroon gerber daisy in her hair."  I come up with random ideas, a new invention and a business concept that changes each day.   To be honest, each time I come up with an idea, I actually picture myelf making millions and invited by talk show hosts, like Oprah and Tyra, discussing the secrets of my success.  

La Noche
She is my sister, best friend, and also my editor.  She has been living in LA for almost 4 years now and is loving the city life.  She has transformed from awkward young girl with teeth my father could not stand looking at and hair that we tried to iron (a hand iron for clothes) ourselves because it looked like a lion's mane to Ms. Hollywood in skinny jeans, ankle boots, and new tops she purchases on a weekly basis.

Dee
The more to love, rambunctious, over the top and sometimes obnoxious, queen of all queens, princess of all princesses, is my friend Dee, whom I have been friends with for over 10 years.  She has the confidence of Naomi Campbell and the heart, once she feels bad, of gold.  A serial dater, a new flavor for each week, and has no problem asking a guy "So what do you think of me?"  "I know we've only had one date but where do you see us in a few months, am I marriage material?"  and sends text messages asking "if you see us only as friends?  Does that mean friends with benefits because I don't mind."

Renee 
She is the "does this look good with tights, I could wear this with tights, and I know I should donate this black cheerleader skirt that I bought back in 1997 but I could pair this up with tights right?" type of girl.  We met in corporate America and became instant friends.  Well in our mind and each time we passed, we just knew we would be instant friends, it just took 2 years for it to happen.   In fact, we were in a club called Aubergine in downtown San Diego, dressed to impress and waiting to use the washroom.  Someone had dropped their blackeyeliner on the floor and Renee picks up the eyeliner and said "Ooh a mac eyeliner.  Nice."  and puts it in her purse.  She looks over at me and says, "Oh, do you think I'm ghetto because it is Mac and all you have to do is sharpen it and it'll be as good as new."  At that moment I knew we would great friends.  She is the closet ghetto but if she see her, she dresses and speaks with such sophistication.


No comments:

Post a Comment