Saturday, February 6, 2010

Trial and error

My sister and I are always complaining about meeting Mr. Right/Mr.Big/Mr. Aiden, is there even such a thing? We had been contemplating online dating for a long time but too embarrassed to do so. I finally tried it. I was so excited about it; the questions that meant something to me, the % to determine your love match and enemy, plus so many choices (people, its like shopping). To make a long story short, I thought I met my match. Yes I said 'I thought'. It came pretty close though. It ended before it even began.  She too has tried this. She met someone - it was going well, then it became complicated, then uncomplicated and then love interest gone. Online dating can also be too easy for us to be so darn picky. Are you dating 2 or 3 people at a time? Sucks for the ones we left hanging. If this one didn't work, move on to the next. What happened to trying?

So here is a chance to get out there and work up the nerves to try a different scene.  Once a week, we will try approaching someone without our liquid courage.

We do welcome comments, advice, solutions, and your own stories of talking to someone in a coffee shop, bookstore and/or grocery stores.  Does this approach work?

No comments:

Post a Comment